QUALIFICATIONS FOR ROM AWARDS
In 1991 The Pekingese Club of America instituted a Register of Merit (ROM)
program for PCA members to encourage and reward the quality production of
Pekingese sires, dams, breeders and obedience titlists. For a Pekingese or
a breeder to be entitled to use the initials ROM after their dog’s name or
their kennel prefix, the following qualifications were established:
- Each Sire must have sired a minimum of
six (6) AKC Champions.
- Each Dam must have produced a minimum
of four (4) AKC Champions.
- Each Breeder must have bred a minimum of twelve (12) AKC
- Each Sire of Distinction must have sired twelve (12) or more
- Each Dam of Distinction must have produced seven (7) or more
- Obedience titlists must have obtained at
least of two (2)
AKC titles including an advanced title of CDX or higher.
- Each owner must be a member in good standing of The
Pekingese Club of America.
Those applying for a ROM award must submit the following
documentation to the ROM Chairperson to be approved:
- ROM Breeder: Copies of twelve (12) AKC
- ROM Sire or Dam: A copy of the
AKC Registration Certificate and an
AKC Progeny Report for the
- Sire of Distinction or Dam of
Distinction: A copy of the AKC Registration Certificate and an
AKC Progeny Report for the qualified Pekingese.
- Obedience ROM: A copy of the AKC
Registration Certificate and copies of two AKC Obedience Title
Certificates (one being a CDX or higher) for the qualified
To apply for an ROM contact:
Mary C. St. Mary, ROM
17 Milton Dr.
Lancaster, NY 14086
There is no deadline for these awards. When a breeder meets the
requirement for the award, the committee chair will mail the ROM Award
Certificate to the member within 60 days. All new ROM titlists will be announced
at the next PCA Specialty.